Goat Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast with Arrabbiata Sauce
- One Jar Scarpetta or Scarpetta Arrabbiata Sauce
- 1 cup sautéed shitake mushrooms
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl stir together mushrooms, goat cheese, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste until combined well.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. To form a pocket in chicken for filling: Put a chicken breast half on a cutting board and, beginning in middle of 1 side of breast half, horizontally insert a sharp thin knife three fourths of the way through center, moving knife in a fanning motion to create a pocket. Form pocket in remaining breast half in same manner. Divide mushroom and goat cheese filling between pockets and spread evenly with a finger. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In a small heavy ovenproof skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown chicken, skin sides down, about 2 minutes. Turn chicken over and brown about 2 minutes more. Transfer skillet to middle of oven and bake chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile follow the heating instruction on the Jar Scarpetta or Scarpetta Arrabbiata Sauce.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and evening divide and pour Arrabbiata Sauce over the chicken.