Barely Bolognese Pizza with Spicy Sausage & Arugula
- 1 jar Barely Bolognese Sauce
- 1 10-ounce purchased fully baked thin pizza crust
- 8 ounces fresh ground beef
- 2 spicy Italian pork sausages
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 oz finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano (1/2 cup)
- 1 head of fresh, washed arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place crust on baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Remove sausage from casing.
- Follow instructions on the jar of Barely Bolognese to create homemade meat sauce: Sauté spicy sausage and ground beef until golden brown and add Barely Bolognese sauce.
- Spread fresh sauce onto pizza crust, leaving 1/2-inch plain border.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over pizza pie.
- Bake pizza until crust is brown and crisp on bottom and cheese is melted.
- Transfer pizza to work surface; cut into wedges
- Add fresh arugula on top of the warm pizza for a delicious healthy twist!
- Top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.