Italian Grilled Vegetable Sub with Barely Bolognese Sauce
- 1 Jar Barely Bolognese Sauce
- 2 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise, seeded
- 1 large firm tomato, cut horizontally into 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil plus 8 large whole basil leaves
- 2 Italian sandwich rolls with seeds, split lengthwise
- 4 thin slices Fontina cheese
- We love the grill in the cold weather – so fire up that grill!
- Arrange zucchini, bell pepper and tomato on rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush cut side of each roll with 1/2 tablespoon of e.v. Olive Oil.
- Grill cut side of rolls until toasted.
- Place rolls, cut side up, on plates.
- Broil or grill vegetables until tender and lightly charred, turning once and brush lightly with e.v. olive oil.
- While vegetables are grilling, follow instructions on the Barely Bolognese jar for heating. (Add ground beef to make homemade meat sauce for the sloppy version – and pour on the love!!)
- Arrange warm vegetables on roll bottoms. Cover each with 2 slices cheese, 4 and whole basil leaves.
- Spoon the Barely Bolognese sauce over the sandwiches and put their tops on.
- Buon appetito!!