Parmesan Herbed Polenta with Barely Bolognese Sauce
All natural helper for hamburger is the new Meatless Meat Sauce! Inspired by quick & easy meal solutions, we’ve recreated this old favorite to introduce an all natural version of homemade Italian meat sauce: Bolognese!
In a skillet sauté ground beef and spicy sausage (cut open from casing) for five minutes. Salt & Pepper. Add the sauce and simmer for 5-7 minutes while you boil the pasta. Mix together for authentic and delicious Bolognese Meat Sauce. For a twist on tradition, mix the meat with the sauce for sloppy Joe’s, homemade tacos or simply pair with crusty bread and chunks of Parmigiano Reggiano for a cozy winter meal!
- 1 Jar Barely Bolognese Sauce
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage (*save four fresh leaves to garnish)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
*Garnish with a fresh sage leaf!
- Combine milk and cornmeal in large saucepan.
- Whisk over high heat until mixture comes to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer until polenta thickens, whisking often, about 15 minutes.
- Follow instructions on the jar of Barely Bolognese to create homemade meat sauce.
- Add sage and cheeses to polenta; whisk until cheeses melt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide polenta onto 4 plates and spoon over your fresh Bolognese Sauce.