Chilled Avocado Soup
- One Jar Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto
- 4 cups diced peeled avocados (about 4 medium)
- 3 1/4 cups chilled buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- Combine first 7 ingredients in processor.
- Blend until smooth & transfer to large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in 3 cups broth.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover; chill until cold, about 2 hours. (Can be made 6 hours Keep chilled. Thin with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired. Rewhisk before serving.)
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with diced tomatoes and 3 tablespoons of SnL Mint Pesto.