Herb Roasted Lamb with Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto
- 3 racks of lamb, trimmed
- 2 jars Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto
- 2 tablespoons thyme plus 12 whole sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves plus 12 whole sprigs rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons evoo
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsely leaves
- Season the lamb with thyme, rosemary, garlic and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Take the lamb out of the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
- After 30 minutes, season the lamb generously on all sides with salt. Reserve the garlic and herb sprigs.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Preheat the grill to medium or a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Sear the lamb on all sides until the racks are brown and caramelized, but do not cook through.
- Transfer the seared lamb to a roasting rack set in a roasting pan.
- Top with the seared herbs, one jar of Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto and reserved garlic.
- Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until the lamb is medium rare; a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the eye will register 120.
- Let the lamb rest 8 minutes.
- Serve Mint pesto as a condiment on the side to top.