Perfect Mint Pesto Picnic
Our Mint Pesto awakens your taste buds and sends your mind soaring with thoughts of spring mornings and summer nights, so of course it’s your perfect picnic partner (that is, other than the one you’re canoodling with on your picnic blanket!)
- One jar of Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto
- One baguette sliced about 1/2 inch thick (really any good crusty bread will do)
- 2 heads radicchio, Sliced Prosciutto (one slice for each baguette slice)
- Shaved aged parmesan cheese
- Before your picnic: Fire up the grill Brush baguette slices with extra virgin olive oil and place on a hot grill for about 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted
- Spread Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto on cooled toasted baguette.
- Layer the washed and peeled radicchio leaves on the baguette slices.
- Top each baguette with shaved, aged parmesan.
- Wrap each baguette with a slice of of Prosciutto.
- Place your finished Mint Pesto bundles on a sheet of aluminum foil and place the aluminum foil on the hot grill (try to not place the Mint Pesto Bundles near the center of the grill).
- Roast on the grill for about 5 minutes or until the prosciutto starts to crisp (procuitto will get extra crispy if you create an “aluminum foil pillow” by placing another sheet of foil on top and tucking the corners. If you do this, poke holes in the “pillow” to allow steam to escape)
- Let the Mint Pesto Bundles cool slightly before wrapping them up and taking them to your favorite picnic spot.