Salade Nicoise Sandwich with Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto Spread
- One Jar Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto
- 2 small baguettes
- 3 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cups cleaned and dried mixed lettuces
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 12 Niçoise olives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 6 anchovy filets (optional)
- 1 6-ounce can tuna, drained
- Place the potatoes in cold salted water in a medium pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes, then cool, peel, and quarter.
- Combine the vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper and mix well. Stirring constantly, pour in the oil in a steady stream. Dress the quartered potatoes with about a tablespoon of dressing.
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add salt and pepper and enough dressing to lightly coat the lettuce (all but about 2 tablespoons).
- Toss, mixing well.
- Arrange the eggs, onions, tomatoes, radishes, olives, capers, anchovies, and tuna over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the eggs, onions, tomatoes, and radishes with salt. Drizzle the salad with any remaining dressing.
- Split the 2 small baguettes. Pull out and then discard some of the white bread inside.
- Spread Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto inside the bread.
- Fill with salad.
- Set aside for about 20 minutes, then cut into 8 pieces and serve.