Insalata Caprese with Sauces’n Love Pesto
Authentic & delicious – you won’t find a pesto made with more love. This Genovese recipe dates back centuries in Italian cuisine and evokes passion with every bite. Great for parties, antipasti, cheese plates or tartine. Pesto makes any dish savory: panini or sandwiches, dips, BBQ or mix into rice or vegetables for a change from Pasta. KIDS LOVE IT! Use it as your base for homemade salad dressing, to top a Caprese or shrimp salad or zest up any soup. If cooking meat, while resting, add a tablespoon and let the flavors marinade the dish and melt in your mouth.
- One Jar Sauces’n Love Pesto
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes (about 4 large), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced1/4 inch thick1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled, if using arugula instead of basil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- On a large platter arrange tomato and mozzarella slices, alternating and overlapping them.
- Spoon Sauces’n Love Mint Pesto over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle salad with oregano.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.