Stacked Old World Sandwiches with Sauces’n Love Pesto
- 1 Jar Sauces’n Love Pesto
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1/4 cup e.v. Olive Oil
- 1 lb Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 large Italian Sandwich Rolls
- 1 6 oz jar Kalamata olives
- 8 slices of hot soppresseta
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant and mozzarella into 8 thin slices (keep them as even as possible).
- Spread out eggplant on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until tops start to brown slightly.
- Let the eggplant cool to room temperature (about 20 min).
- Generously spread Sauces’n Love Pesto on both sides of the rolls.
- Layer eggplant, mozzarella, hot soppresseta, and olives on the bottom slice of the roll, alternating, ending up in 4 layers on each sandwich.
- Top the layers with the top side of the roll.
- Wrap the sandwiches tightly with plastic wrap (the goal is to press the sandwich down and let the flavors combine and seal. A cooks
suggestion: place the wrapped sandwiches in a shallow roasting dish and place a book or heavy skillet on top of the sandwiches).
- Cool for at least 4 hours, sandwiches can be left for up to 24 hours.
- Serve at room temperature.