Grilled Vegetable Italian Sub with Sauces’n Love Pomodoro Basilico Sauce
- One Jar Sauces’n Love Pomodoro & Basilico
- 2 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- One large red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise, seeded
- One large firm tomato, cut horizontally into 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus 8 large whole basil leaves
- 2 Italian sandwich rolls with seeds, split lengthwise
- 4 thin slices Fontina cheese
- Fire up the Grill! (medium-high heat).
- Arrange zucchini, bell pepper and tomato on rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush cut side of each roll with 1/2 tablespoon of e.v. Olive Oil.
- Grill cut side of rolls until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Place rolls, cut side up, on plates.
- Grill vegetables until tender and lightly charred, turning once and brush lightly with e.v. olive oil.
- While vegetables are grilling, follow heating instructions on the Sauces’n Love Pomodoro & Basilico jar.
- Arrange warm vegetables on roll bottoms. Cover each with 2 slices cheese, 4 and whole basil leaves.
- Spoon the Sauces’n Love Pomodoro Basilico over the sandwiches and put their tops on.