Turkey Meatball Subs with Sauces’n Love Pomodoro & Basilico Sauce
Using turkey instead of beef is a fun dinner time twist to your regular meatball sub. Because turkey has less fat, some people find it less flavorful, so have fun with this recipe and add some of your favorite herbs and spices. For spice lovers add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne or chili powder. For herb lovers add oregano, tarragon, basil or marjoram.
- One Jar Sauces’n Love Pomodoro & Basilico Sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 large baguettes cut into 4ths or 8 sub rolls
- Stir eggs, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons olive oil, parsley, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper in large bowl to blend. Add ground turkey and mix thoroughly. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch diameter meatballs.
- Pour enough oil into heavy large skillet to coat bottom; heat over medium-low heat.
- Working in batches, add meatballs and fry until brown and cooked through, turning frequently and adding more oil as needed, about 15 minutes per batch. Transfer to plate.
- While your meatballs are cooling, follow the heating instructions on the jar of our Pomodoro & Basilico.
- Stuff bread with meatballs, evenly pour of Pomodoro & Basilico.
- Top with your favorite additions.
Fresh mozzarella, sautéed peppers or sautéed mushrooms. Additional extra virgin olive oil (for frying)