Stuffed Peppers and Sauces’n Love Puttanesca Sauce
- 1 Jar Sauces’n Love Puttanesca Sauce
- 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 4 medium-size red bell peppers (each about 4 to 6 ounces), halved lengthwise, seeded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients #2–10 in large bowl until well blended.
- Fill pepper halves with sausage mixture, dividing equally and mounding slightly.
- Arrange in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake peppers uncovered until tops are browned, about 1 hour.
- About 15 minutes before the peppers are done, follow the heating instructions on the jar of Puttanesca.
- Transfer peppers to platter. Evenly divide the Puttanesca Sauce over the peppers.