Grace’n Love Old World Chicken
This recipe takes you on an old word adventure literally and sensually. Be sure to get the best all natural or organic chicken (available at your local all-natural supermarket), local tomatoes and basil, and only the freshest mozzarella. There are few things better in the summer than visiting your local farmer’s market for fresh local ingredients. The same type of ingredients you will find in every container of Sauces’n Love. Make this recipe for the ones you love (or want to love you) the most.
- One Jar of Sauces’n Love Sugo Rosa
- 2 butterflies chicken breasts
- One large package of fresh mozzarella
- 2 ripe local tomatoes (you can us heirloom tomatoes, Big Boy, or whatever you like. I suggest visiting your local farmer’s market because they usually have tastings or will sample out a bite of their favorite varieties, this way you can pick your favorite)
- 8 or so fresh basil leaves
- Fire up the grill!
- Rub chicken breast with extra virgin olive oil and rub in salt and pepper (to taste).
- While the grill is getting all fired up, slice your fresh mozzarella and tomatoes (I always slice as thin as I can get them, about 1/2 inch thin or less).
- Place the chicken on the hot grill and grill about 4 minutes on each side. Depending on your grill temperatures may vary. If you have a meat thermometer make sure the breast is about 180 degrees.
- Follow the heating instruction on your container of Sauces’n Love Sugo Rosa.
- Place chicken on a serving platter, pour heated Sauces’n Love Sugo Rosa over the chicken.
- For a side dish, layer fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with fresh cut pepper.